Registration Fee: €125 (Bonus for companies)
Objectives: To offer to all those interested all the aspects to take into account in the growing of olive trees and in its further processing.
– Growing of the olive tree in the world and in Spain. Olive tree botany and morphology.
– Planting systems for new olive tree plantations. Selection of the variety to plant.
– Irrigation needs of the olive tree. Irrigation systems for the olive grove. Water qualities for the olive tree.
– Fundamental principles of the olive grove fertilization. Methods used for fertilization.
– Main pests and diseases of olive trees. Control methods.
– Pruning of the olive grove. Different types and periods of pruning.
– Propagation methods.
– Olive grove productivity. Determining factors.
– Olive oil production process. Olive oil quality. Olive processing.
– Visit to different crops on the island.